This past month, PHIUS held their annual Passive Projects Design Awards in Chicago to highlight buildings across the country that are pushing the envelope for passive house - and several local projects won big!
This includes the best overall winner 425 Grand Concourse in New York, a mixed use and mixed income tower with over 270 units of affordable housing. While an out of state project, it is notable for being one PHMass Board President Hank Keating's projects while he was at Trinity Financial.
See below for more on each local project and congratulations to all the project teams. We look forward to seeing even more local projects highlighted next year.
Best High-rise Multifamily & Best Overall Project
Winner: 425 Grand Concourse | Bronx, New York
- Architect: Dattner Architects
- Builder: Monadnock Construction
- CPHC: Lois Arena
- Phius Rater/Verifier: Michael O’Donnell
- Owner/Developer: Trinity Financial
Best Low-Rise Multifamily (4 stories and below)
Winner: Old Colony Phase 3C | Boston, Massachusetts
- Architect: The Architectural Team, Inc.
- Builder: Dimeo Construction Company
- CPHC: New Ecology, Inc.
- Phius Rater/Verifier: New Ecology, Inc.
- Owner/Developer: Beacon Communities, LLC
Best Source Zero
Winner: Acton Passive House | Acton, Massachusetts
- Architect: ZeroEnergy Design
- Builder: Adams + Beasley Associates
- CPHC: Jordan Goldman, ZeroEnergy Design
- Phius Rater/Verifier: Mike Browne, Advance Building Analysis